Friday, December 10, 2004

Phil Anselmo on Dimebag Darrell

Phil Anselmo, the singer for Pantera did this interview just recently on 12/01 in the latest issue of Metal Hammer magazine - prophetic after the death of Dimebag Darrell

"I think, more or less, it lies between Dimebag and I. There was never a point when he could not get drunk. Which was pretty much every day. And now I'm hearing it's worse than ever.
"He would attack me, vocally. And just knowing that he was so much smaller than me I could kill him like a fuckin' piece of vapor, you know, he would turn into vapour - his chin would, at least, if I fuckin' smacked it. And he knows that. The world should know that. So physically, of course, he deserves to be beaten severely.
"But of course, that's criminal and I won't do such a thing... Really, I just let him prattle on. I grew very tired of it very quickly, and whenever it came up, like it has come up today, I just chose to wish them the best of luck. And in all honesty I really wish that they would be men, which is very hard for them, figuring that they were living in their mother's house until they're 30 years old. In comparison, I was on the street by choice at the age of 15, living anywhere I could - but living, and successfully living, through my will."
.......
On Dimebag's implication in interviews that Anselmo has returned to heroin:
"What a stupid man. What a shallow, stupid man. How would he know what I do? And by the way, I've been fucking bone-sober for three and a half years now. Anybody who has seen me on stage, anybody who has seen the shape of my body and the size of my arms, and the fucking burning desire in my eyes, knows that I am fuckin'... I drink four beers and I have a buzz now. Gimme a break. I couldn't even say that in my twenties."
On the possibility of a PANTERA reunion:
"It would take a lot of soul-searching. It would take a lot of negotiation. And we'll see. In the end, it's what's most important to the fans.
"That's the last time I'm ever - you can put this in your article - this is the last time I am ever talking about PANTERA."


I guess he feels pretty bad now. Metal Hammer reports that he is very devastated and also that all the band members are alive and well - putting paid to rumors about the death of DamagePlan singer Patrick Lachman. Also, Metal Hammer has a report from their columnist in Columbus, Ohio.

Active discussion on this interview

Dimebag memorial

No comments:

Some Fine Books

Blog Archive