Feel the force! It is strong! The writing force - methinks this muse is the most powerful, or is it Clio? Good luck, Cory.
So what am I going to be doing now that I don't have a day-job? Well
for starters, I'm going to be getting a full night's sleep every night.
I'm going to stop travelling three weeks a month. I'm going to join the
gym and get the hundred and a half household chores I've neglected
while working three full-time jobs for the past two years done. I'm
going to get a checkup and have my teeth x-rayed. All that overdue
stuff I've put off and put off and put off.
Most importantly, though: I'm going to write. More
blog posts, and longer ones. I have three novellas in the pipe. I'm
tripling the pace of work on Themepunks, my fourth novel, and plan to
have it in the can by early spring. I'm going to do a fix-up novel with
Charlie Stross, completing our "Huw" stories (Jury Service and Appeals
Court) and publishing them between covers. My podcast is going thrice
weekly. I've got articles in production for a bunch of magazines and
Sunday, January 01, 2006
Cory Doctorow becomes a full time writer today. As someone who has at least flirted with the thought, it is a tempting one, and scary, as Cory notes. He also talks about the Electronic Frontier Foundation and their role as 'canaries in a coal mine'. He will be a Fellow of the EFF, a role that should see greater involvement in critical e-freedom issues.
Posted by Aaman Lamba at 11:06 AM
- ► 2010 (23)
- ► 2007 (110)
- Google China - Don't Be Too Evil
- Google Launches Search Website For Sri Lanka
- Bangalore or ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು.?
- Desicritics.org is now live
- Desicritics.org is now live
- Leonine, San Francisco Zoo
- Project Management - Dilbert
- How to Mail Merge with Microsoft Word and Excel
- The Right Way To Peel Bananas
- The Tastes Of Memory
- Why I Hate Sports
- 2006: A Good Year For Animated Films
- Desipundit Auctions Indibloggies Prizes
- Those New Cell Phones Will Kill You
- Is there a difference between Blogging and Writing...
- Prosecutors Raid Livedoor, Major Japanese Portal, ...
- Plane Luck
- Interesting site - The US Of Islam
- The Dream Continues
- Resolutions Of The Zeitgeist
- G I V I N G. Badami
- Democracy In Emergency
- My Darling Clementine
- I'm A Programmer, Not A Computer Guy
- Morning rays
- W A T E R. Hampi
- Kim Checks Out China - North Korea In Transition
- Firefox popups working again - problem solved
- Urban Monotony in Amman
- The Middle East - Changing Of The Guard
- Call Center - Dilbert
- Most Appropriate Boobies Link Ever - Adrianne Curr...
- Firefox popups not working
- The Rites of Spring
- Indibloggies 2005
- Where is Jesus
- Warren Ellis' FELL #1 - Available Online
- I Love Google Video
- The Blogger's Dictionary
- Tibet - The Next Frontier?
- Elvis has left the Building
- Ahmad Kazemi, Top Iranian Commander Killed In Plan...
- Kunwar Narain, Hindi Poet
- The Starbucks Short Cappucino
- Desicritics.org Launch
- Ariel Sharon - The Clouds Gather
- Press Mentions - Aaman Lamba
- Film Reviews
- Energy Wars: Russia Settles Ukraine Gas Dispute
- Strange Timestamping
- Anderson Cooper Never Sleeps
- Tragic Update: Only One Miner Is Alive, Twelve Dea...
- Twelve W. Va. Miners Found Alive
- The New Seven Wonders Shortlist Announced
- The Blogosphere - Echo Chamber Or Incubator?
- Energy Wars - The Russian Natural Gas Crisis
- Science Fiction Worth Reading
- Chris Muir's Cartoons - America's common man
- A Miilion Dollars Worth Of Pixels
- The Onion's Top Ten Stories of 2005
- Watergate - The Blog
- Burritos, Hunger, and Taurean Men
- Narnia And Faux News - WTO Talks
- Writing, Freedom And Cory Doctorow
- Performancing For Firefox - Blogging Plugin
- Green Day - Jesus Of Suburbia video torrent
- ▼ January (67)
- ► 2005 (302)