Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Quiz Time 3


Quiz Time 3

Yr Host - Aaman Lamba





Here goes - chip in with your scores - easier this time, I hope.




The Questions - Stage I




1. Complete this poem, and give the source/speaker:"'Twinkle, twinkle, little bat!

How I wonder what you're at!

...Up above the world you fly

_______________________"



2. Name the film, based on a book by S Morgenstern, as retold by William Goldman, with the 'good parts left in, which tells the tale of a beautiful princess named Buttercup, her true love Westley, an evil prince, a Spanish swordsman, an inconceivably wise swindler, and a friendly giant


 




3. imgWhat is the claim to fame of this image?


 





4. Who was a co-recipient of the Ignobel prize 2003 in engineering posthumously? (He was a developement engineer at Edwards Field,California)


 




5. This director sued Steven Spielberg for allegedly plagiarizing the storyline of E.T. from a story he had written called "Bonkur Babur Bondhu". The suit was settled out of court by Richard Attenborough, a common friend. Name the director.


 




6. He rediscovered the ruins of a famous ancient city, while professor at Yale. He later served as governor of Connecticut for a day, before becoming Senator until 1933, and reports have it that he was the inspiration for Indiana Jones. Who?


 




7. pic2Identify the artist



 




8. This 1984 song was the anthem for Arnold Schwarzenegger's successful bid for governor in the 2003 California recall election. Name it


 




9. About whom is the following song by Simon and Garfunkel?

What I dream I had:

Pressed in organdy;

Clothed in crinoline of smoky burgundy;

Softer than the rain.

I wandered empty streets

Down past the shop displays.

I heard cathedral bells

Tripping down the alley ways
,
As I walked on.



And when you ran to me

Your cheeks flushed with the night.

We walked on frosted fields of juniper and lamplight,

I held your hand.

And when I awoke and felt you warm and near,

I kissed your honey hair with my grateful tears.

Oh I love you, girl.

Oh, I love you.




 




10. Another music question. Why has a song called "Proud", by Heather Small and the M People been in the news ?


 






To wrap up, Another Stage 2.This time, I'm looking for a common answer to all the following questions.

Stage II


1. pic3


2. pic3


3. The common name for Rachmainoff's Opus 21, No. 5 (also called "Siren")

4."O powerful western fallen star!

O shades of night -- O moody, tearful night!

O great star disappear'd -- O the black murk that hides the star!

O cruel hands that hold me powerless -- O helpless soul of me!

O harsh surrounding cloud that will not free my soul.

5. A band formed by Stephen Duffy

6. The state flower of New Hampshire.




And the common theme is...



Quiz on!


No comments:

Some Fine Books

Blog Archive