Monday, June 20, 2005

Book-Tagged

I got book-tagged by Arun Simha, over at Bhrigu's question. Arun and I are old quiz familiars. Quizzing is a worthy topic for subsequent blogging, methinks. I was a nationally ranked quizzer, and our team "Mustafa & the Fat-Bottomed Girls" did pretty well. (Here's a quiz we won at the Karnataka Quiz Association)

Total number of Books I own: I have been reading and collecting books since I was a kid. I'd say I have well over 1000 back in India. The alt.binaries.e-books newsgroups have provided e-versions of tons more recently.


Last book I bought: My Amazon history tells me it was "Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold" by C S Lewis - a retelling of the myth of Cupid and Psyche. Joining Amazon Prime has made my book purchasing experience almost effortless. One is buying more single books than one did earlier.

Last Book I Read: At any given time, I am reading 4-5 books. I am currently plowing through an absorbing look at Money Laundering called "The Washing Machine: How Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Soils Us". I just finished "Esau" by Philip Kerr, a speculative look at the Yeti.

Five Books That Mean a Lot to Me:

Truly difficult, but here goes:

  • The Adventures, and novels of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

  • The Lord Of The Rings - J R R Tolkien

  • The Mahabharata - the Indian Epic

  • Midnight's Children - Salman Rushdie

  • The Terry Pratchett "Discworld" novels


Tag five people and have them do this on their blogs:

Heh

  1. swingingpuss

  2. Temple Stark

  3. Kamat of Kamat's Anthoblogy

  4. Dr Pat

  5. Cory Doctorow - fine writer



Tag on!

The Washing Machine: How Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Soils Us/Nick Kochan Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold/C.S. Lewis ESAU/Philip Kerr The Lord of the Rings (50th Anniversary Edition)/J.R.R. Tolkien The Mahabharata : A Shortened Modern Prose Version of the Indian Epic/R. K. Narayan Midnight's Children/Salman Rushdie Going Postal: A Novel of Discworld/Terry Pratchett The Complete Sherlock Holmes/Arthur Conan Doyle

No comments:

Some Fine Books

Blog Archive