Flex 2 may be the hot new contender for King of the Hill in development frameworks, here's one example why
"Flex automatically does the work of transferring a class type when using remote objects (one of the many reasons to use remote objects). However, when using SOAP Web Services, strong typing is broken because the class associations aren't automatically transferred to internal Flex classes. It's unfortunate, and leaves a bit of a gap when trying to use strong typing and compile-time error checking
I figured there had to be a better way. After hunting around a bit, I came up with a solution that worked for my project. All that was needed was a generic object transfer utility to translate the incoming objects into typed classes that are created on the Flex side. Once the transfer objects have been written on the Flex side, then class introspection can be used to dynamically populate the values from untyped Web Service objects. Let me show you how I did it."
read more | digg story
- ► 2010 (23)
- ► 2007 (110)
- Reporting on FOO Camp 06
- Working with Web Services in Adobe Flex 2
- Google chief joins Apple's board
- Celebrity Fish Dies at Chicago Aquarium
- BoingBoing and Penis Pumps
- India-bound NWA Flight Turned Back, Escorted To Am...
- AJAX Will Make it Mainstream, I Promise
- Airport security measures ever make you feel strip...
- Digg Signature Creator - Generate your own persona...
- Blinks - Homer Simpson in Just One Second
- Meebo for your website! - ajax im version 2
- Pricing Cuts Hit Nascent Online Video Market
- Pakistan forfeits Test, Mushy's for it
- Open Source AJAX ToDo List Ready To Go
- Snakes On A Blog - A Premiere Report From The Snak...
- Nice Google Maps cum PHP Demo
- The Kingdom of Nouns
- If you want tech-political-science fiction, your b...
- No Books, iPods on board - British Government bans...
- Firefox Buying IE, says bLaugh
- Millenarianism and fatalism are perhaps economic r...
- From In Sequence, Born Marius Nintendus, Saint ...
- ▼ August (22)
- ► 2005 (302)