Thursday, November 10, 2005

The XBox 360 Launch

I have been an XBox fan for a while, despite the often crappy games, and occasionally frustrating Live experiences. For the last year, it has primarily been because of my addiction to Halo 2. I played through the entire campaign, have spent more hours on Halo 2 Live than asteroids in the belt and still love it.

That being said, I have mixed feelings about the upcoming XBox 360 Launch. At one level, I can't wait. I saw a demo machine at Wal-mart and it rocks. Call of Duty 2 was surreal.

At another level, I couldn't care. I am among the great standard-definition masses. The visual excellence is what I would look forward to. So I would probably couple my purchase of the XBox 360 with an LCD television. That probably won't happen soon.


Also, without Halo 3, I'm not too interested, despite the excellent games coming out.

Matt Paprocki has other, more business-oriented reasons why the launch of the XBox 360 could be a disaster in more ways than one.
This has nothing to do with the quality of the hardware or the console itself. It's going to be a fantastic piece of equipment. Microsoft though doesn't seem to have a clue what they're doing with this. Nothing seems ready, and they've done nothing to calm rumors of heavy shortages, broken demo kiosks, delayed (and major) launch titles, and a complete lack of advertising.


If one had to buy a console, and supply was not a problem, I would recommend the bundle - why wouldn't you want the hard drive, etc.?

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

No comments:

Some Fine Books

Blog Archive