The outrage pouring out of Bangladesh over a joke about the name of the Prophet Muhammad is hence not entirely surprisingly. It’s disturbing yes, but not surprising. Such tactics are a “familiar pattern in Muslim countries ruled by authoritarian governments”.The "Muhammad Cat" joke is really funny, btw.
read more | digg story
Monday, September 24, 2007
- ► 2010 (23)
- Myanmar's Monks - Buddha's Warriors
- Cricket: India are Twenty20 World Champions
- Bangladesh's Cartoon Controversy: The Prophet and ...
- "Don't Tase Me, Bro!"
- Children's Health - Hope Springs Eternal
- The Demise of the Dollar?
- Auden's Musee des Beaux Arts
- Confessions Of Webaholics: Internet Addiction Expo...
- Religious Freedom: Can the US be our Policeman?
- Love, Grief, Pain, and a Kitten
- OJ's Controversial Book Sees The Light Of Day
- Condoleezza Rice Co-Owns Home With Female Filmmake...
- Pakistani Special Services Officer Turns Suicide B...
- Anniversary of the V2 Missile
- The Ramayana, the Sethusamudram and Indian Archaeo...
- Freedom Of Speech On The Internet
- Is Shah Rukh Khan Suffering From A Mid-Life Crisis...
- Things That Bang - Steve Jobs - The iPhone Maveric...
- MI5 Chief Faces Immigration Delays at Heathrow
- International War Games Get Underway in The Bay of...
- Vijay Mallya Bids For Spyker-Ferrari Formula 1 Tea...
- ▼ September (21)
- ► 2006 (173)
- ► 2005 (302)