Sunday, July 17, 2005

Tag Clouds

From desipundit, I chanced on this automatic tagging tool (auto-folksonomy: neologisms run wild) called 'tag clouds'.

TagCloud searches any number of RSS feeds you specify, extracts keywords from the content and lists them according to prevalence within the RSS feeds. Clicking on the tag's link will display a list of all the article abstracts associated with that keyword.


I am unable to plug a Tag Cloud into the body of a blogger post as they do not allow javascript in the post body, but there is one on the left side-bar. This requires two lines of code in the body, and a reference to a css in the head.

The tagcloud to the left includes the feed to my site and to blogcritics.org

One can add multiple feeds to the same cloud, occasionally with wierd results.

Now if only I could figure out how to plug my del.icio.us feed into blogger

No comments:

Some Fine Books

Blog Archive